Deerseeker How to hunt whitetail deer

Helpful hints and stories from my hunting adventures and seasonal updates as things unfold.

Monday, January 02, 2006

The Warm Winter Makes It Easier To Hunt Late Season Whitetail Deer

I usually don't get to hunt late season because it usually to cold.

It has been 40 degrees last week so all the snow is gone and you can sneak around in the woods looking for whitetail deer. I also take the time to find a few new trees for my stand next year.

I will then be able to save time when its time to start scouting for the fall archery season. I will focus on the the new trees and see which area seems to have the most promise to bag that monster buck.

I will use this time to go in areas I usually don't go during the season, since I don't use season time to scout. Now I can scout and hunt so if I don't shoot something it OK because I have my buck in the freezer.

I may stumble on a deer but if not I just use the time to find my way around new areas. I will update on how the hunting goes this week in the next post.

Thanks Deerseeker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home