Deerseeker How to hunt whitetail deer

Helpful hints and stories from my hunting adventures and seasonal updates as things unfold.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

New warm weather hunting tactics

Hello fellow hunters, as a heads up to everyone I have recently moved to Hawaii because of my wifes career. Now before you ask Yes they do have deer here. In fact we have all kinds of strange critters since they were introduced and none of them are native.
We have Mouflon sheep, wild pigs like the ones you see on the show Lost. Black-tailed deer and mountain goats. All of which are open to hunting.
So as the season moves along I will post updates as to my successes and failures. I am now learning how to hunt deer when its 80 degrees and no snow. Also how the locals keep the flies off the meat and also keep it from spoiling in the heat. Some of the hunts are 2 days long in the canyon with no ice but the deer is still good when we get back home.
I will add a new chapter on this topic in my book which is being edited as we speak. Any one who gets a copy now will be eligible for the new copy free of charge.
Keep checking or link up the rss and keep up with the upcoming Hawaiian hunting adventures. I will also post some pics of the terrain. Talk about hiking I thought I was a good climber when I was in the Appalachian mountains in Pennsylvania. The volcano cliffs go straight up and down. Another reason I am glad I switched to rifle caliber pistol hunting. You need both your hands just to climb up and down the ravines.
Till next post, Happy Hunting
Cory

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home